Writing a CV may feel daunting enough, but it’s far easier to follow the basic steps, which you can find here.
However, a cover letter is much more personal and may feel more challenging, but it doesn’t have to be!
We’ve written a list of points to consider and have included examples for you to download so that you can follow the format to ensure an eye-catching, informative and relevant cover letter.
A cover letter is very important when applying for a new job. It helps the recruiter or employer to understand WHY you are applying, what you want to achieve and what you can offer. Think of a cover letter as a brief introduction or conversation. You simply need to answer the following points:
Questions to ask yourself:
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should the producer/farm consider your application?
- What makes you different from the applicants?
- Where does the passion for the industry come from?
- Is there anything in your past that you can relate to your application?
The downloadable cover letters below will show you exactly how to set out your cover letter, which must include your contact details, addressee, the job you are applying for and the above advice.