At Roadhogs we have been helping British and international pig farmers to recruit staff since 1990.
We have had the pleasure of sourcing many Permanent Staff of all abilities for our farmers and securing numerous applicants' careers.
We are the only pig farming recruiters in the UK offering a permanent and temporary Relief Cover service to our farmers.
We are recruiting for a Pig Stockperson for a farm in North Yorkshire (DL7).
The business is a mixed farm comprising pigs, cattle, sheep and arable. They farm approximately 800 acres, with around 350 head of beef cattle, finishing 1800 store lambs a year, 650 acres arable and a 380 sow pig breeding unit taking all finishers through to bacon weight.
- Sharing the day-to-day responsibility of the pig breeding site takes the growing pigs up to 12 weeks
- Usual pig unit jobs include feeding, mucking out, pressure washing, serving, monitoring, farrowing, and scanning
- Shared responsibility for AI collection and processing, sow service and dry sow management, vaccinations and medications, and pregnancy scanning
- Skid steer driving
Salary guide: £28,000 - £32,000 doe
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Overtime paid
- 3-bed bungalow with oil central heating
Entry-Level Pig stockperson
Our candidate is looking to enter the Pig Industry.
They have experience with farm maintenance and with tractors and telehandlers. Whilst completing their Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Agriculture, they were active in the college piggery. This individual is also in the process of completing their Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Agriculture.
They consider themselves hard-working, organized, and a good team player.
This individual would suit an entry-level pig stockperson role within a commutable distance of DL15 or can relocate within Yorkshire with accommodation.