Skip to content

Roadhogs are Offering Great Opportunities in Australia

Roadhogs are offering great opportunities in Australia, so if it’s been an ambition to work in the Pig Industry in Australia, read on.

Australian producers have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field, so they can offer applicants new insights and excellent opportunities to build their skills.

One of the most significant considerations will be the Visa Process.

How do you obtain one to work on a farm in Australia?

Read on to find out more.

Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)

A Working Holiday Visa is open to applicants 35 years and under.

It’s the more straightforward, speedier and cheaper route into the country.

A Working Holiday Visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months. 

From 1 July 2024

UK passport holders can be granted up to three separate Working Holiday visas. 

The new arrangements will apply to all Working Holiday (subclass 417) visa applications from UK passport holders lodged from the date the relevant change commences.

It is considered a stepping stone to long-term Visa options.

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482)

A Subclass 482 Visa requires sponsorship from an Australian producer with a Labour Market Agreement, which we can help with.

To qualify, you will need five years’ experience in the field OR 3 years’ experience in a medium to large commercial piggery and the AQF certificate Level 3 in Agriculture (Pig Production) or equivalent qualifications.

A Subclass 482 Visa allows you to stay for four years, depending on the labour agreement.

It is considered a stepping stone to Permanent Residency.

You can find out more about Australian Visas here.

Please note that this information is for guidance only – so please refer to the Australian Government Website. 

Scroll To Top