Sow Unit Manager - Ref 1494 Staffordshire
We're recruiting an experienced Sow Unit Manager for a Staffordshire (ST20) farm.
The farm is an indoor 2000-sow breeding-to-weaning unit.
The producer is looking for an experienced sow unit manager who could possibly work for a partner (if available).
The role will involve assisting in the farm's day-to-day running and being responsible for staffing, planning, and production.
You will be one of the key contact points for all farm-related issues and will know and understand what is happening across all areas.
- Leadership & effective communication skills
- Excellent pig stockmanship
- A positive attitude
- Problem-solving & adaptability
- The ability to keep accurate records
- The ability to manage, motivate and organise the staff daily
- The ability to use modern unit facilities
- The ability to use a wet feed system - mill and mix
Salary: From £35,000 (DOE)
- 3-4 bed house adjacent to the farm – Offered rent-free, but the tenant bears all other costs
- A workplace pension after the qualifying period
Hours: 07:30 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri) + Alternate weekends.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd on Freephone at 0800 999 3655 or 07912864646 or email [email protected].
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
We can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.