Pig Stockperson - Ref 868 Surrey
Our client has a thriving family farm-to-table enterprise supplying consumers, retailers and five farmers markets.
They have 400-500 weaners to finishers, 20 breeding sows, sheep and turkeys.
They are looking for an experienced Pig Stockperson to work alongside their manager to assist in growing the herd of pigs and sheep.
Ideally, the chosen candidate will have good experience of working with an outdoor pig herd, and you will understand the challenges and benefits of working with pigs in this environment.
Key duties would include:
- Working with the team to bring livestock to correct weights ready for market
- Checking animal health, and implementing strategies and treatment plans as required
- Liaising with the team and suppliers to ensure that correct stocks of supplies are in place for successful management of the animals
- Transporting livestock
- Working with the family to develop and deliver the long term growth strategy and goals for the business
- Liaising with other key team members to ensure critical on-farm tasks are undertaken
- Supporting the farm manager with general record keeping and the records required for the RPA higher level stewardship
- Discounted/free food
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 statutory bank holidays
The right candidate would be expected to be in sole charge up to 2 days per week.
No accommodation offered so candidates must be able to commute to RH5.
Salary: Hourly rate up to £12 ph.
For further details please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd on Freephone 0800 999 3655 or 07912864646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence and our applicant service is free.