Pig Stockperson - Ref 1113 Bedfordshire
Our client is looking to employ a Pig Stockperson on their breeding-to-finishing farm in Bedfordshire (MK44).
The operation consists of two modern units with a state-of-the-art weaner, farrowing accommodation, and one liquid-fed finish pig site.
The successful applicant will cover all aspects of the breeding unit, including:
- Cleaning and bedding up the sow/gilt yards using a skid steer
- Gilt management
- Farrowing house duties
- Weaner/Finisher health check and treatments
- Pressure washing
- Moving and loading of weaners/finishers
- Previous experience working on a pig farm
- A passion for the highest welfare standards
- Effective communication skills with the ability to be self-driven
- Excellent stockmanship skills
- UK driving licence
- Basic IT skills (although not essential)
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 doe
- Work 1 in 3 weekends (when experienced to do so)
- Bonus scheme
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd on Freephone 0800 999 3655 or 07912864646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy for you.