Pig Farm Manager - Ref 990 Lincolnshire
We are recruiting for a Pig Farm Manager/Assistant Manager for a farm in Lincolnshire (DN21).
Our client is looking to employ a manager for their 220-sow outdoor unit.
About the farm:
- All sows, including farrowing, are fed via ESF, hoppers filled every 7 - 10 days
- Weaning is at 5 weeks with 7 weeks between batches
- Excellent sand land
- All pigs weaned indoors into new or nearly new straw-based sheds
- Great health status
The chosen manager will work predominantly independently, but help will be given for weaning, serving, vaccinations, loading pigs, mucking out and pig movements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Feed orders
- Vet med orders
- Maintaining fence lines and equipment
- Ensuring feed, water and straw meet requirements
- Ensure all pigs are treated in the best possible way
- Ensure that both sites are at a high standard at all times
- Applicants should have a minimum 2 years with outdoor sows
The farm will consider applications from candidates who can assume the above responsibilities within 6 months.
Salary: £28 - £32k (d.o.e)
Applicants who can commute to DN21 preferred.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd on Freephone 0800 999 3655 or 07912864646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. Not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see the right vacancy for you.