General Farm Worker - Ref 1505 Reading
We are recruiting an Animal Technician for an agricultural university in Reading (RG6).
The full-time job is pig-focused but includes general farm work. The chosen candidate will act as relief for the pig unit and generally assist with other activities, which can be variable but mainly involve cattle duties (feeding, handling, milking).
This vacancy would suit a relatively inexperienced stockperson who is flexible in approach and willing to learn and take on various duties, plus some telehandler work may be required.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 doe
- 36 hour week
- Requested overtime (e.g. weekend rota, every 2nd weekend) would be paid at time x1.5
- Paid holiday
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Flexibility with work schedules
- Support any relevant aspect of professional development
- Single-person accommodation may be available subject to availability – a service fee will be charged, which covers all bills associated with accommodation
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd on Freephone at 0800 999 3655 or 07912864646 or email [email protected].
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.