Entry-level Pig Stockperson - Ref Sept11
Our candidate is looking for an entry-level position within Pig Industry.
They are young and enthusiastic and eager to start their career in agriculture. They love the outdoors, which made them want to get into agriculture and learn about the welfare of the animals and to improve production.
They studied Level 2 in Agriculture, covering:
- Crop production (pests and diseases on the crops),
- Animal husbandry of sheep and cows plus looking at common diseases within the certain breeds
- Tractor driving and maintenance (pre-start checks, ploughing, mowing, cultivating)
- Soil science (different types of soil and what is grown best in each one)
- Estate maintenance (maintaining the farm putting up gates, fixing fences/ installing new fences)
- Crop production
- Sheep - ear tagging, docking, castrating, mucking out
This candidate would suit an entry-level position, anywhere in the UK with accommodation.